Thursday, November 4, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - What constitutes good writing?

Still reading my very long book.  It's good, but I don't have any reviews to write so I'm . . . .


Hosted at "Booking Through Thursday."  Suggested by Barbara:


I’ve seen many bloggers say that what draws them to certain books or authors is good writing, and what causes them to stop reading a certain book or author is bad writing. What constitutes good writing and bad writing to you?

I think good writing is somewhat subjective.  Yes, we all want books to be easy to read and understand, be free of errors, and make sense.  Basically, we don't want to "think" about the writing.  But for myself, I know that I'm a "plot driven" reader.  I have to watch myself because sometimes I tend to want to give up on the long, laborous character development of some books, but I'm "mature" enough to appreciate that this can make a wonderful book.  It's a nebulous concept to me -- "good writing."  I've loved many character-driven books, so I guess the main "quality" is what I said before -- if I don't "think" about the writing, it's great writing!

Good question for those participating in NaNoWiMo!  (Did I spell that right?)  Good luck to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...