Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Stuff -- Pictures and Blog Hopping

Happy Friday, everyone. I've been following a few blogs that have started doing weekly posts about their pets. It seems most of us bloggers have that in common also -- an attachment to our beloved pets. So, without further ado, may I introduce you to Mollie. She's truly my third kid. (I have two human ones, but they are all grown up.) So Mollie is my spoiled baby. And just a word for those of you with a fear of German Shepherds, or big dogs in general. Dogs are what you train them to be. German Shepherds are people dogs. They are highly intelligent, and really want to please their pack leader (who is my husband, but she still submits to me too.) She's cuddly and loves to be petted. She will bark and scare strangers when they come to our house, but only because she wants to be introduced. But, that is the way we have trained her. She has been well socialized and is used to kids, and all kinds of situations.  I'm not saying you should freely approach unfamiliar dogs, but you shouldn't assume that all Shepherds are vicious.


I also wanted to share a photo with you of the "Bookfall" in Cordoba, Spain. But the only one I could find was copyrighted, so I'm just going to give you the link. I love this! It's awesome, and I've added it to my "places to see!"

It's also fun, on Friday to visit some new blogs, so let's see what we have in store at Parajunkee's View and Crazy-for-Books!


 "Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"

When my daughter was a baby, we were at a restaurant with my extended family. My husband left ahead of me with the "pumpkin seat." He walked through the restaurant, and pretended to DROP the pumpkin seat! Everyone gasped. Unbeknown to them, the baby was in my arms, still in the back room of the restaurant. The seat was empty! He thought this was hilarious. Some people in the restaurant, probably didn't . . .

Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

Well, this seems to be the same question as last week, so I'll try to think of some new things.
1.  I have to read different genres. I mostly can't read two of the same type of books in a row. I like to switch it up.
2.  I've never used a post-it note for a book mark, and rarely a scrap of paper. I have a bookmark collection, and I like to use the "real thing." I have book marks all over the house, and all around work, and in my purse, so there's always one close by!
3. I insist on reading the book before seeing the movie.
4.  I love the smell of a new book. And, really of an old book, too.
5.  I prefer hard back books. I like them when they have the Mylar cover on the dust jacket from the library! (I've gotten the feeling that most people don't like that.)

OK, now there's a new question, so I'll answer that one too -- don't want to erase what I already took all that time writing!

Q. What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving??

I really am not ashamed of anything I read now. But, when I was young, in Junior High and High School, I used to read romances, and I'd try to keep those hidden, so no one knew. Kathleen Woodiwiss was one of my favorites.

As always, this has been fun. Hope you have a great weekend, and Happy Hopping!!! Thanks for visiting, and come back soon!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

10 comments:

  1. I can see how dropping the baby thing could be funny and it didn't hurt anyone or was directed at anyone in particular.

    Just hopping by. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    http://cookiesbooksbikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to give you some Friday love :)

    Why do husbands think they're so funny? I would really like to know the answer to that one! My husband rented a MINI Cooper for my 30th birthday, convincing me that he'd bought it. When my only real reaction was rolling my eyes, he really did go out and buy one. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely would've gasped if I saw someone drop a baby seat. So funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mollie is gorgeous :) My first dog was a German Shepherd, they are awesome pets.

    I'm so glad I found you through Follow Friday, and I'm now a follower, too :)

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a shame that libraries have to suffer so much right now. So yes, I'll definitely do what I can when I can. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have gasped too when your husband dropped the pumpkin seat.

    My German Shepard from childhood was named Mollie. :)

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, awesome prank! I can't say I'm not a bit nervous around large dogs I've never met who start barking at me, but Mollie looks cute. :) A lot of people are saying they are embarrassed of romance novels a while ago.

    Anyway, happy hopping!

    -P.E.

    tantalizingillusions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smell of books too - and agree that reading should be all about pleasure and what appeals to you at any given time. My bookshelves are so ecletic, it would be hard to form any coherent picture of my reading!

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so SOO happy you have a german shepherd! i have a few posts of my 2 german shepherds, Hurley and Kai. they are the best dogs EVER. so loyal and full of life!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...