Sunday, April 3, 2011

In My Mailbox - First Personally Signed Book!

Kristi, The Story Siren, is once again hosting In My Mailbox, so everyone go over there and say, "Thanks!" and visit some new blogs!

It's always exciting to win books, and this week I received Heart With Joy, by Steve Cushman, which I won from Diana at Books by Their Story.  (Thanks again!) When I opened the book, not only was it signed, but it was personalized to me. That's a first for me. I've got some signed books, but none have been personalized -- would some of you authors please come to the St. Louis area, so I can go to some book signings????

 It was my BIRTHDAY this week, and my daughter got me this one:

How I Planned Your Wedding, by Susan Wiggs.  This is quite appropriate since she recently got engaged, and we are in the heat of wedding planning! I LOVE this cover, it's really beautiful! I'll be starting this one soon.

From the Library:


Anna and the French Kissby Stephanie Perkins

Toads and Diamonds, by Heather Tomlinson
LOVE this cover!

From NetGalley for my KINDLE.  That's right -- the Kindle button is back!!! I'm so happy -- I was approved for this one back when there was a Kindle button, but it disappeared before I could download it! VERY frustrating... But I'm happy now!
These Things Hidden, by Heather Gudenkauf


So, how was your week? Did you get any new books? Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you back here soon.  Happy Reading!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. Wow great IMM! Please let me know how you like that "How I Planned Your Wedding" book. I was curious about picking it up for my Mom, but since I am doing most of the planning myself wasn't sure if I should. :)

    Congrats! When is the big day? Have fun planning it all with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss! I read it soon after I read Jenny Han's books and as a skeptic and pessimist when it comes to all romance in YA (or in general) these books won me over. I'm eagerly awaiting Steph Perkins' new book this fall. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM! I can't wait to read Anna and the French Kiss! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your signed book! I can't wait to hear what you think of Toads and Diamonds. I thought the atmosphere was as rich and beautiful as that gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting! I don't have a personally signed book either. I'm hoping that I can get a couple books signed on the 13th. I don't know that I'll be able to go to that one though.

    Yes, I am so excited that the kindle button is there! I've already finished one book since then. It is so much easier than trying to read on my desktop.

    I've heard great things about Anna and the French Kiss! I need to pick that one up soon.

    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about These Hidden Things.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...