Friday, April 22, 2011

Time for Blog Hoping after a very difficult week...

A week ago my dog, Mollie, got sick. After monitoring her for a couple of days, we decided she was getting worse, so we took her to our local animal emergency hospital in the wee hours of the morning last Sunday. After a long process, it was determined that she had eaten some rat poisoning. What that poison does, is strip your body of vitamin K, which makes it so your blood cannot clot. So she was bleeding into her chest and lungs. I'll make a long story short - she came home Wednesday morning, feeling better, but still fairly weak. We have to keep her quiet and calm for at least two weeks, until her blood is all back to normal. She's 4 1/2 years old and very active. So far, she hasn't felt good enough to beg us to go out, but eventually, it will be quite a challenge to keep her calm. We are very grateful that she is on the mend, and have some wonderful doctors and veterinary techs to thank for her excellent care.

So, I'm ready for some blogging fun!

Parajunkee's Follow Friday question is:

Q. What is on your current playlist right now?


I have over 1200 songs on my iPod, that I usually just keep on "shuffle." I like a variety, and I like to be surprised at what song gets played. I listen to everything from classic rock, punk, pop, classical, and jazz.



Most of the time, I'm listening to audiobooks, though....

Jennifer, at Crazy For Books' question of the week is:

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"

Yes, many times I do. Most of the time I already know about other books that they've written. But one great book is certainly a reason to read other books by that author!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!







Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

16 comments:

  1. Annette~I am so sorry to hear about your dog! One of my dogs was always getting into things when he was a puppy. One time he ate something, we still don't know what, and he got so sick that he had to stay over night at the emergency hospital. I'll never forget that whole experience! Give your baby a big hug for me and I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love many different kinds of music too and often it depends on my mood. :) I'm an old follower just popping in to say hi. Happy Friday!

    Aimee
    http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Mollie is feeling better. That must have been a really hard experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annette, old follower hopping through!

    I love how librarians have such eclectic tastes in music-- the other week my branch manager was so excited because she had gotten tickets to go to a Lady Gaga concert, and I was just thinking, whoa! You are the last person I would have thought would go to a Lady Gaga concert, that is so awesome!

    You never can tell with us librarians, we are always full of surprises ;)

    Have a great weekend!!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Mollie, but I'm glad she's on the mend. My cat Tigger got poisoned a few years ago and ended up at the vet's for a little over a week. He was touch and go for a while, but he eventually recovered. I wish a speedy recovery for Mollie! It's amazing how much pets can be like family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww glad Mollie is n the mend.

    Old follower hopping through, my answers are very similar to yours :D

    Have a great Easter Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your dog. I'm glad that she will make a full recovery but it sounds like a stressful time. Pets ae definitely full members of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for you dog and I hope she recovers fully soon. I would be devastated if that happened to either of my dogs and I'm glad your vets were able to help.

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Mollie feels loads better soon!! It's hard to keep dogs (and cats) out of things like that, and it's always scary when you have to let them stay alone at the vet's for a while.

    Anyway, old follower hopping by to wish you a happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Mollie gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping by on the blog hop. I agree that one great book leads into another. Hope your Mollie recovers soon and gets back on her feet quick.
    christysbookbasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad Mollie's on the road to recovery. That must have been scary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy for you and Mollie. I'm currently experimenting with audiobooks so that takes away from my playlist tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry about your dog, but glad she's on the road to recovery!

    Love your playlist genres :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry about your dog, but at least she's getting better. Hope he makes a full recovery.

    Here's my hop:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-blogger-hop_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, she's beautiful by the way. I hope she gets better soon and make sure to let us know when she is fully recovered.

    I didn't participate in the blog hop this weekend, but I had meant to. I definitely get hooked on authors sometimes. I finished my first Nick Hornby novel at the beginning of April, and now I've finished 2 more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...