Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Memories - The Lord of the Rings

Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out. I'm hoping to do a guest post for her soon!



I've posted in a previous Monday Memories how much I loved The Hobbit when a teacher read it to us in 7th grade. After that, I really wanted to read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. These books were probably the longest, most complicated books I had read at that point. But I was determined. I remember there being so many characters, and it took me so long to get through all three books (I didn't read them all in a row) that I forgot some of the beginning by the time I got to the end. But I persevered. I really would like to read these again sometime. I know I would enjoy them, and probably get a bit more out of them. I have seen the movies and enjoyed them (my reading of this trilogy was from the editions  you see pictured above, way before the movies came out.) I'm still not a huge high fantasy fan, but these books were special. I think I liked them because they were so epic. Certainly the first epic books I had ever read. They do hold up over time, too. If you haven't read these, you should try The Hobbit and see what you think. It's a bit easier to read. And since that movie is coming out too, you probably want to read the book first!

Share one of your cherished book memories!

You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.

Be sure to visit some other blogs that have posted their links. Thanks!






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. this is my monday memory http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/monday-memoires.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the LOTR right before the last film came out back in 2004. I remember really liking them, but I will admit that it helped having seen the movies because even though things had been changed, for the most part I was able to understand what was going on. I plan on hosting a read-a-long for all three of these books and the Hobbit next fall before the Hobbit feature film is released.

    Have a great week Annette!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...