Thursday, October 31, 2013

Book Review: Inferno, by Dan Brown

Inferno delivers as expected. An intricate, artistic, and exciting adventure for Robert Langdon as only Dan Brown can create.

If you haven't read The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demonsor The Lost Symbol you should! But is isn't necessary to have read those to enjoy Inferno.

I loved this book. I'm just going to give you a few reasons why (really, why I love ALL of these books.) The writing is great -- very easy to read. The plot is great...the characters...you get the idea. But here's what's special:

These books make me want to travel. I have the illustrated editions of The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, and they are great! The way Brown describes all the buildings and art, it just makes me want to see them in person. I've been to Venice (one of the stops in Inferno) and it was awesome to be able to picture these places. My husband read Inferno and actually looked many of the settings up on the internet while reading. These books kind of make me feel smart. And, they make me want to be smarter.

Langdon is a great sleuth. The clues are cryptic, and have to do with Dante's Inferno (which I now need to read). The way he deciphers the clues, step by step, is incredible. And, I like that he doesn't always get it correct the first time.

The ending of Inferno is totally unexpected. I really loved it, because Brown took a risk. And, as usual, there's a lot of food for thought here. Basically, the main premise of Inferno is that the world is becoming overpopulated, and if we don't do something about it humans as a species will become extinct. If that doesn't get you thinking....

Usually once a character has been depicted in a movie, when I read the book I picture the actor that portrayed the character in the movie. (Like Morgan Freeman for Alex Cross).  Even though I've seen The Da Vinci Code several times, for some reason, I kept picturing Harrison Ford instead of  Tom Hanks. Don't know why...

I recommend these books to everyone, from teens to adults. Inferno, as are all of the Robert Langdon books, is definitely worth your time.

Published by Doubleday, May 14, 2013
Personal copy
461 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...