Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Other Side of Life - Fall Decorating

I've been posting about building and decorating my new house at my other blog:  http://annetteshobbyspot.blogspot.com/  If you are interested, you can check out all of my posts.  But here's my Fall Decorating entry:

Having a new house has made decorating for the seasons much more fun! I don't like to fill the house up -- I'm very much anti-clutter, but I've added a few subtle touches to our house for fall.

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations
Burlap wreaths are all the rage right now, but let me tell you, I did not find this very easy to make.  It took a lot of time (and a lot of ribbon - 50 feet!) And my fingers were sore by the time I was finished.  But I'm happy with the way it turned out. I plan to replace the bow for Christmas and maybe the rest of the holidays too!

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations

I also added a few things to the mantle and hearth.  Silk leaves and a few mini clothespins is all it took.

#millsnewhouse Fall mantle, Fall decorating

#millsnewhouse Fall mantle, Fall decorating

My sister made this centerpiece and it looks great on my dining room table (built by http://smithbuild.weebly.com). The wreath is made from a dropcloth!

#millsnewhouse fall decorating, drop cloth wreath, fall centerpiece

Thanks for stopping by.  I'd love to see your fall decorating ideas in the comments!






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2016 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful decorations. You've got style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love these simple but festive decorating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks great! And I like the wreath, especially the idea that you can change the bow for the seasons/holidays. After taking all the time to make it, it seems it should be out more than once a year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...