Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Book Review: Mind Games by Heather W. Petty

Mind Games by Heather W. Petty book cover and review
Mind Games is the second book in Petty's Lock & Mori series and the young Sherlock and Moriarty are in the thick of things.

Mori's number one goal throughout the entire book is to make sure she protects her brothers.  That means her father must stay in jail.  But she is receiving threats, and someone is trying to frame her for all of her father's murders.

I didn't enjoy Lock & Mori as much in this installment.  The entertaining banter I mentioned in my review of Lock & Mori was nonexistent.  Mori was so concerned about keeping Lock at arm's length and denying her feelings that it bordered on annoying.

The actual mystery about who has targeted Mori was interesting, although Lock didn't seem to have to use those brilliant powers of deduction as much as I would have liked.  After all, this is supposed to be Sherlock Holmes, and that is what his character is supposed to be about.  I was surprised by the eventual revelation, and that is always a good thing!

After the first book I wasn't sure this would be a series, but let me tell you, there is no longer any doubt. The cliffhanger in Mind Games is brutal.  We are left  with our main character in an impossible predicament. No resolution whatsoever.  And, if you recall, that's a big pet peeve of mine. So, I do intend to continue with the series, but I'm hoping for more.

Published by Simon & Schuster BFYR, December 6, 2016
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
304 pages

Rating: 3.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2016 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. so sad to hear the banter is gone. I loved the banter. I so enjoyed the first book and a little sad this one isn't as good. I am glad to hear the mystery is good. I am still looking forward to this read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...