Thursday, December 8, 2016

Book Review: The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Cohn & Levithan book cover and review
The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily continues the story of Dash and Lily that we discovered in Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. It's a delightful and romantic Christmas story.

As I said in my review of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, I loved the way these two characters interact.  Yes, in Twelve Days they had some rough parts and a little lack of communication, but in the end, their wit and intelligence shone through.

They are both dealing with family issues too, and all the side characters add additional warmth to the story.  Lily has always loved Christmas, but she's having trouble getting in the spirit this year.  She's been busy, mostly taking care of her Grandfather, and she feels like she and Dash are growing apart.

I really enjoyed that the romantic problems are solved well before the end of the book. So we get to see some of the old Dash & Lily as they try to outdo one another for Christmas.  It is over the top, and I fell for it totally.  It's a quick read that is appropriate for middle school kids too. I think teens will enjoy this new Dash & Lily story, and I can't wait to hear them talk about it.

Published by Knopf BFYR, October 18, 2016
Copy obtained from the library
215 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2016 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. A happy Christmas book sounds great right now. I think I'll go to the school library and see if they have this one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...