Monday, February 19, 2018

Book Review: Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks, by Annie Spence

Dear Fahrenheit 451, by Annie Spence book cover and review
Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks is delightful.

Spence picks out some of her favorite, and least favorite, books and writes them each a letter.  In some, she's explaining why the title must be discarded.  For others, she thanks them and describes why she loves them so much.  Some are books from the library, others are books from her own collection.  In one case, she writes a letter to an entire bookcase that was at a party she attended.

In all cases, she's hilarious.  Her wit and wisdom just really hit a note with me, and I devoured this book very quickly. (And, for anyone, it is a pretty quick read.)

The second part of Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks contains lists of her favorites and recommendations for different situations.  Things like books with bad covers that are really good.  Or books that to lead to more books.  I enjoyed this section, but it wasn't as charming as the letters.

I got a few good ideas for books that need to be on my list.  And I laughed really hard a few times.  For me, that's a win.  Definitely worth the time if you are any kind of book lover.  Now I have to go pass this one on to a friend...

Published by Flatiron, 2017
Copy obtained from the library
244 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2018 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I have seen a couple reviews of this book and wasn't convinced, but now I am. Funny is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one too! I wrote down some of her book suggestions and will have to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...