Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Book Review: The Window, by Amelia Brunskill @ameliab

The Window by Amelia Brunskill book cover and review
The Window is a twisty mystery that kept me guessing until the very end.

Jess's twin sister, Anna, falls to her death from her bedroom window.  Jess thought that Anna told her everything, but perhaps there was a lot going on that Jess didn't know about.

Everyone thinks Anna's death was accidental.  Everyone except Jess.  She can't give up on figuring out why Anna was sneaking out.  Jess begins to find out things about her twin that she never knew and is surprised by what she finds.  It still doesn't make sense, though, especially the toxicology report, and Jess isn't going to give up.

There are several twists, and the reader is taken in different directions along with Jess. I admired Jess's perseverance.  And I enjoyed the developing friendship between Jess and Nick. I wish it could have turned out differently.

I think most readers will be surprised by the ending, which is always a good thing for a mystery. The characters are interesting and realistic. The pacing is excellent, and it makes The Window a quick read.  Teens who enjoy a good mystery, including reluctant readers, should be pointed to The Window.

Published by Delacorte, April 3, 2018
eARC obtained from NetGalley
352 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2018 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I love that more teen mystery/suspense/psychological thriller novels are being written. It's one of my favorite genres! This one looks especially good. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so good. Adding it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...