Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back to YA Fiction

I finished The Minotaur.  I liked it, but didn't love it.  When I read a mystery I guess I think "suspense."  Maybe those are two different things.  But this crime didn't even happen until about 350 pages into the book (the last 100 pages.)  The rest was all character development, background, and setup.  There was much foreshadowing of what was to come.  The resolution was not a surprise, even though blurbs on the book said it would be.  She writes well, and describes things so it is very easy to picture them.  So, it wasn't a bad book, just not "my cup of tea."

Now I've started Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler.  This book has been in my library for a couple of years, but I recently read a review that made me put it on my list.  Of course, I don't remember what the review said any more.  It's about a girl and her mother, who works at Renaissance Fairs.  I think there's going to be some romance involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...