Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Next on the list . . .

Unwind was awesome.  I will be thinking about this book for a long time.  I think it would be a great book for an English curriculum read.  There is so much to discuss about morals and religious beliefs. How do you define "life."  Do we have a soul?  Does everyone have a soul?  When do you get a soul -- in the womb?  What is death?  When a child gets "unwound" all their parts are used to help someone else.  So, are they "dead" or not?  The characters in the book discuss these issues, and it would be easy to get a discussion started.  It's all very chilling and thought-provoking.  A very unique plot and a well-written book. I highly recommend it.

Next, I will start Rachel Sontag's House Rules. It's a memoir, and is another book on the Abe Lincoln High School Book Award list.  There are a few memoirs that I have enjoyed, but mostly I'm not a fan.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...