Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time for an old classic

I finished The Orange Houses and I'm glad it was short.  Between that book and Rucker Park Setup I've had plenty of urban, ghetto, poor underprivileged teen stories.  Orange Houses has the illegal immigrant aspect also, and it isn't a happy book.  It is well written, and Griffin's descriptions are compelling.

I've decided to read Tolkien's The Hobbit again.  It's probably been over 30 years since I read this book, but I really love it and want to experience it again.  The first time I "read" this book was when my seventh grade teacher read it aloud to us.  She was an excellent reader and did all the voices so well.  It was a wonderful experience.  I read The Lord of the Rings trilogy after that and at some point read The Hobbit again.  I'm looking forward to it after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...