Monday, October 3, 2016

Book Review: Incognita by Kristen Lippert-Martin

Incognita by Kristen Lippert-Martin book cover and review
Wow!  Incognita kept me glued to the pages.  I haven't read a book that has done that in a long time.

As I said in my review of Tabula Rasa, the premise is way out there.  But you know what? It doesn't matter.  The writing is good, I cared about the characters, and the plot clips along.

Sarah (mostly known as Angel in this book) is safe at the end of Tabula Rasa. She and Thomas are going to be reunited, and go on their first real date.  Of course all hell breaks loose.  People are after Angel again, and Thomas is kidnapped.  She gets help from another kid who seems like he's been through the same thing Angel has.  But can she trust him? It's never quite clear.

The teens are running out of time because Thomas and the new kid need the antedote to whatever strange drug they have been given or they will loose all of their memories.  The attacks are relentless.  Every time it seems they are close to surviving, they are again thwarted by "the bad guys," of which there are many.  They can trust no one.

Incognita has a resolution for all of the characters, although it might not be the ideal we are hoping for.  I would definitely recommend reading Tabula Rasa first. The series is supposed to be a trilogy, and I'm looking forward to the third book, because I want a happier ending!

Published by Carolrhoda, October 1, 2016
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
272 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2016 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...