Sunday, November 15, 2009

Time for a new book .. .

The Knife of Never Letting Go gets a mixed review.  First of all, it took me about 150 pages to really get interested.  Secondly, it is the first in a series, and it's one of those series that require to you read all the books.  This story doesn't end.  There is no resolution of conflict.  Fortunately the second book is already out, but I'm so mad that I might not read it JUST FOR SPITE!  The book becomes very exciting, with the main characters narrowly escaping death over and over again.  Great for those reluctant readers, but a bit unbelievable for me.  So, yes it was exciting and eventually kept me captivated.  But more appropriate for the younger crowd.



Next on the list is The Summer I Turned Pretty, by Jenny Han.  She also wrote Shug, which I haven't read but heard is good.  Sounds like a heartwarming, feel-good read, and I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...