Sunday, January 31, 2010

New book

I really enjoyed Gentlemen.  As an educator, it reminded me that we really can't know what's going on in teenagers' minds when we only see them one hour per day, and then only within a group setting.  We also need to realize that they don't always have a realistic impression of their teachers -- their thoughts about teachers are influenced by all of their prior educational experiences.  Scary things can happen when these misconceptions contribute to an already stressful situation.

I'm now reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewksi.  It was recommended to me by a friend that knows I'm a dog lover.  I already know I'm going to have to recommend it to my husband.  So far, I know it's about a boy who was born mute and the special relationship he has with his dog.  It's an "Oprah Book" which doesn't usually do anything for me, but just thought I'd mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...