Thursday, April 13, 2017

Audio Book Review: Love May Fail, by Matthew Quick @MatthewQuick21

I loved Love May Fail. It's the right combination of characters and plot that kept me invested in the story.

Each section in Love May Fail is narrated by a different person.  They each tell a different part of the story, and it works well.  Portia is recovering from a rough breakup with her husband.  She goes back to visit her mother, who is an extreme hoarder (among other problems) and finds out that her favorite high school English teacher has run into some hard times.  Portia ends up wanting to help him get back on his feet.

She also meets Chuck Bass who lives with his sister and her son, Tommy.  All of these characters end up playing a huge part in the story, and they each take turns telling their part.  There are several coincidences -- almost too many to believe -- but I fell for it. I guess it makes you believe in fate.

I don't want to say too much more about how things play out.  The discovery of the story is part of the fun. Quick is a good writer, as most of you probably know, and Love My Fail is a wonderful ride.

The audio narrators are each excellent and add to the atmosphere created by the text. I actually checked this one out from the library, and when it was automatically checked in, I still had 1.5 hours to go! I couldn't check it out again (there was a wait) so I read the rest of the book. I would recommend either version.

Love May Fail is an adult book but would be suitable for mature teens.

Published by Harper, 2015
Audiobook (and eBook) obtained from the library
416 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2017 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Wow a 5 out of 5 stars. Guess I'd better get this one in the audio format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should just stop reading book blogs because my TBR list is getting too long (yes, I've added this one) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...