Tuesday, November 10, 2020

DNF Thoughts: Moonflower Murders, by Anthony Horowitz

Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz
I have been in a reading funk, so I'm sure that was part of the reason I did not finish Moonflower Murders. These are just a few thoughts for you. 

I stopped after reading 42%, which is farther than I usually go if I'm going to DNF. Part of the reason is that I thought I had read Magpie Murders, and thought that I ought to like this one too. But I was confusing it with The Word is Murder, so there you go. 

Anyway, I don't read every day anymore, and I was finally getting into the grove, and improving my pace when the novel within the novel began. And I lost it. Totally new characters--every time I picked up the book, I couldn't get oriented. So I gave up. I have plenty of books I want to read, so I decided I should pick something I had a better chance of liking. I'm really trying to get my reading mojo back, so I can' afford to get slogged down in a book I'm not enjoying.

I think this is probably a great mystery if you can spend some time with it, but it wasn't for me at this time.

Published by Harper, November 10, 2020
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
255/608 pages

Rating: DNF





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2020 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. For me, timing and mood are everything. Sometimes fellow bloggers love a book that ends up not working well for me - too many books to stress over a DNF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A DNF is so difficult! I think it's good when we can walk away and find a book that works for us in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...