Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Book Review: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir book cover and review
Finally! A book that I loved. (My reading slump continues and wasn't helped by the fact that prior to this one, I quit on a book that I had read 50%. Ugghhh. I'm so frustrated!) But...I couldn't put Project Hail Mary down. If you enjoyed The Martian, then you will want to read Weir's latest.

The main character wakes up, after what seems to be a very long sleep, and is alone. He soon realizes he's on a spaceship. Why is he here? What is he supposed to be doing? Why is he alone? And...what is his name?

Weir is so creative in his ideas about survival in what seems to be an unsurvivable situation--much like The Martian. The main character has a unique and entertaining voice, although different than The Martian. I really love how he uses his characters to tell the story -- even though they are alone and most of the "dialog" is just their thoughts. It is unique, and I can't get enough. 

I don't want to say any more about what happens. It's wonderful -- it will get you thinking. And you won't believe what he comes up with this time! My husband is reading it now, and I can't wait to discuss it with him. Project Hail Mary is highly recommended.


Published by Ballentine, May 4, 2021
eARC obtained from NetGalley
496 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2021 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for good books to listen to on an upcoming car trip. This one sounds great and one my husband would likely enjoy, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found a 5 hat book! Reading slumps are no fun and it feels like you'll never get out of them. Sometimes, it just takes that one book to work and get you going again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...