Thursday, August 12, 2021

Book Review: The Therapist, by B. A. Paris

The Therapist, by B. A. Paris, book cover and review I've read a few novels by Paris and enjoyed them, and The Therapist was no exception.

Alice and Leo are taking a big step by moving into a new house. Leo has bought it in an exclusive gated community called The Circle. He's gotten a great deal. And there is a reason.

As Alice is getting to know her neighbors, she senses something is off. She's tried hosting a cocktail party and visiting for coffee, but she still feels like she hasn't been accepted. When she finds out the previous owner had been murdered in the very bedroom in which Alice is sleeping, she begins to understand. Leo had known about the house's past and had not told her.

Leo isn't the only one keeping secrets in this relationship. I never got any chemistry between these two, even before Alice found out about the murder. Maybe Paris didn't want there to be any. Alice becomes obsessed with the murder and potentially clearing the husband (who was charged with the murder and then committed suicide.)

I enjoyed the process that Alice went through. Plenty of red herrings. Although I did figure out who the real bad person was about 70% through, I still didn't understand all of the details. 

This was a worthwhile thriller, with a bit of suspense and danger that held my interest throughout. Recommended if you enjoy the premise.

Published by St. Martin's, July 13, 2021
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
304 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2021 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Bummer that you figured it all out quite a bit before the end.

    I see you are listening to The Downstairs Girl, which I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy premises like this. I'll have to check this one out, even if it's a bit predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read many mysteries. I like those where I can't figure out who dun-it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...