Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Book Review: Over My Dead Body, by Jeffrey Archer

Over My Dead Body by Jeffrey Archer book cover and review
I've heard of Archer before, and when I saw Over My Dead Body available, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed.

William Warwick and his wife are on a much-needed holiday on a luxury cruise ship sailing to New York. But of course, there's a crime committed on board, and Warwick becomes involved. That's just the introductory crime, which doesn't take long but gets you involved in the story.

Back in London, there's a new task force that Warwick is in charge of that is working on cold cases. And just in time, it appears. Miles Faulkner, a millionaire art forger is supposed to be dead. But Warwick has his doubts, even though he attended the funeral. Faulkner's lawyer still has Faulkner as a client and Faulkner's widow is acting strange. So they begin investigating to see what they can find out.

I read this a week ago and really enjoyed it. I was on a trip and flew through it. But honestly, I can't remember much of what happened. I had to read the synopsis to jog my memory. The side characters are interesting and add to the story. There are some intriguing twists and surprises.

I recommend Over My Dead Body, whether you are an Archer fan or not. This is the fourth Warwick book, but it isn't necessary to have read the others. I would like to go back and read them. Just because a book doesn't leave a lasting impression doesn't mean it isn't good!

Published by HarperCollins, October 19, 2021
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
384 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2021 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Glad u enjoyed this one. I haven't read Archer in a bit but, will remedy that soon. I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey Archer is one of those author names that I've known for decades yet I have never read his books. I don't think. I'll have to find a list to see if that's true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...