Monday, February 7, 2022

Book Review: A Slow Fire Burning, by Paula Hawkins

A Slow Fire Burning by Paula Hawkins book cover and review
I just never really got invested in A Slow Fire Burning. I guess I was expecting another Girl on the Train.

Very quickly: There is a murder and several people could be responsible.  The mom, the dad, the crazy neighbor lady, the one-night-stand. They are all mostly awful, except for one, so I didn't really care much about who ended up the culprit.

There are several perspectives, and the characters are well depicted, so I didn't have trouble keeping them separate. The writing is good, and the story moves fairly quickly. 

I had no trouble finishing and enjoyed A Slow Fire Burning, but I never had that heart-pounding, compelling desire to know who did it.

Here's a link to the blurb if you are interested. 


Published by Riverhead, August 31, 2021
Copy obtained from NetGalley
320 pages

Rating: 3.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2022 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. A thriller/mystery needs to have some heart-pounding or at least a desire for the reader to figure out who did it. Too bad this one didn't get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt pretty much the same way about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...