Monday, June 13, 2022

Book Review: Cold, Cold Bones, by Kathy Reichs

Cold, Cold Bones by Kathy Reichs book cover and review
Cold, Cold Bones is a Temperance Brennan Novel--the 21st one! And, as such, it is a familiar trope. But that is not a bad thing--not at all.

If you've read any of Reichs' novels, you will certainly enjoy Cold, Cold Bones. This case is related to several others Tempe has investigated, so having read some of them makes it interesting, although not necessary. Tempe's daughter is back. And Ryan makes an appearance.

I don't really have much more to say about Cold, Cold Bones, except Reichs is a master of drawing you in, leading you down several plausible paths, building up the tension, and then almost breaking you apart at the end.

If you haven't read any of the series, I highly recommend you start. I would begin with an earlier one, but you don't have to. I haven't read all of them, but I think I've read most. I always look forward to Tempe's adventures. If you've watched the TV series, Bones, it is based on this character. But, it isn't the same at all. Read the books.

Published by Scribner, July 5, 2022
eARC obtained from Edelweiss+ & NetGalley
352 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2022 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I like reading a book when I know the characters well and can settle right in. I felt that way about Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...