Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Book Review: A Good Day for Chardonnay, by Darynda Jones

A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones book cover and review
I finished A Good Day for Chardonnay a few weeks ago and just realized I never wrote anything about it. Not because I didn't enjoy it. I chose something light to read because I was going on vacation, and never read any of it! (Should have known there would be no time for reading with the grandkids around.)

Sunshine is a police chief in a small town in New Mexico. You would think it would be quiet and peaceful, but no. There's a big bar fight. Sunny's daughter thinks she has discovered the identity of an old serial killer. And Sunny's unsolved abduction when she was a teen is coming back to haunt her. Levi Ravinder has always been a suspect for that, but Sunny is so attracted to him, she doesn't think that's possible.

While the subject matter might sound tense, A Good Day for Chardonnay is really light with touches of humor and some steamy romance. The side characters add a lot to the light atmosphere.

A Good Day for Chardonnay is the second book in the Sunny series, and I probably missed some backstory, but I didn't really notice that. This isn't my usual type of book, but it was a nice entertaining diversion for a change.

Published by St. Martin's Press, 2021
Copy obtained from Edelweiss+
416 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2022 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I have the first book of the series on my TBR shelf and really need to get around to reading it! They sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it has some humor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...