Friday, August 4, 2023

AudioBook Review: The Guardians by John Grisham

The Guardians by John Grisham book cover and review
I always enjoy Grisham stories, but I really loved The Guardians.

I think it's because of the premise. The main character, a lawyer named Cullen Post, created and runs Guardian Ministries, a nonprofit that works to get innocent people, most of them on death row, out of prison. I totally believe there are many people, right now, who are in prison but innocent. I just can't imagine being in that situation.

Post is trying to prove the innocence of Quincy Miller. Twenty-two years ago, Quincy was convicted of murdering a lawyer at his desk. Post knows this isn't true, but proving it and getting anyone in the legal system to listen to him, isn't easy. And it turns out the people who framed Quincy are powerful and dangerous, which creates the build-up of suspense. 

I enjoyed all the people who work with Post. They are colorful and special characters. While he is working to free Quincy, we learn about several other cases that Post is working on and some of those that he's been successful in getting released from prison.

I loved the narrator, Michael Beck. He has the appropriate southern drawl, but not too irritating. I thought he was perfect for this story, and he has narrated several of Grisham's novels.

The Guardians is a good one, combining good guys, and colorful bad guys, in the courtroom and on the street. If you enjoy Grisham, you won't want to miss The Guardians.

Published by Doubleday, 2019. Random House Audio
Audiobook obtained from Libro.fm
384 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2023 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this one, too. One of his other favorites of mine is Grey Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the coal industry part of that one. I missed the courtroom drama.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...