Monday, June 7, 2010

Shanghai Girls

I finished True Colors and absolutely loved it.  What an epic tale, following three sisters, basically for about 25 years.  The setting was beautifully told -- a ranch in Washington State.  The characters each had such distinct personalities, and through many tough trials, continued to return to each other.  I really had a hard time putting this one down, and it was a little bit longer than an average novel.  Well worth it.  I cried several times, but not uncomfortably (I quit reading Nicholas Sparks because I couldn't stop crying all the way through his novels -- ruining contacts and giving me a headache.)  The emotional journey through good times and bad with this family was a very satisfying experience.

Now I'm reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.  I read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan a few years ago, and really loved that book, so I'm looking forward to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...