Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Orchids and Rye?

Two very different books to comment on.  First I read Wild Orchids, by Jude Deveraux.  I wasn't really impressed.  The book started out OK, but moved very slowly for my taste.  I really like a plot-driven novel, and there was lots of character in this book.  Also, the last 75 pages got really quirky -- no longer realistic.  I won't give any details because I don't want to give anything away, but the ending was unsatisfying to me.  I also really don't like a "romance" that is inevitable the entire book, but never comes to fruition because the two people will not communicate!!  They misread signs and words and it's just very frustrating the whole time and not very realistic.

The second book for this post is Catcher in the Rye. I read this book in high school (which was more than a few years ago, I must admit) but I really didn't remember much about it.  With Salinger's death, I thought I should read it again.  It was OK.  Easy to read, but disturbing, but I guess that's the point.  A lot has been published about this classic, so I don't think I need to say anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...