Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Book Review: Hidden, by Sophie Jordan @SoVerySophie

Hidden is everything I could ask for from the conclusion of the Firelight series.

Even though it's been a while, I fell right back into the world of Jacinda, Will, and Cassian. There are some really scary moments for these characters, in particular Jacinda. Something about their troubles really tugs at my heart, as well as making it pound at times! I want them all to be happy, and I think the ending was the best possible for all of them (even though they don't all get what they want.)

*spoiler from second book, Vanish* Miriam, as you recall, has been captured by the enkros and the beginning of this book involves Jacinda putting herself at risk in order to free Miriam. And, after that suspenseful beginning, the action just never stops. *end spoiler*

The romance is very special, and the love triangle is pretty much non-existent from the beginning of Hidden. I don't think many people will be surprised at Jacinda's choice.

I was really happy that most of the open plot points were tied up. And I loved the addition of a new character, even at this late date. He brought some drama and some happiness to the mix. I can't say much more about Hidden. If you've read the first two books, Firelight and Vanish, you will really enjoy Hidden. If you haven't read any of the Firelight books, you should -- but you need to read them in order. Hidden is also a very quick read, so there's no reason not to take the time to see how it all turns out. Can't wait to give this to my Firelight fans!

Published by HarperCollins, September 11, 2012
ARC obtained from Around the World ARC Tours
260 pages (qualifies for my Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge!)

Rating: 5/5




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but everything I've heard has been positive. I'm glad that all the plot points got tied up. I think it's cool that the author introduced new characters even at the end of the series. I love when they do that because it keeps me interested and invested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so afraid to read the last book in a series I love because I never feel ready to let go. It does make me feel better that the book was a 5 star book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...