Thursday, September 25, 2014

Book Review: Remember Me, by Romily Bernard

I really enjoyed Find Me, the first book in this series, but Remember Me just seemed like more of the same, bringing nothing new to the table.

Wick is still working for Carson, because she has no choice. He knows too much about her. They are after another bad guy and Wick is using her hacking skills to help Carson. Griff and Wick are still a couple, but Griff doesn't understand why Wick won't stop helping Carson. He doesn't like what Wick does.

I enjoyed the scrapes Wick gets into, and how she works her way out of them. The individual situations have tension and are entertaining. I like Wick, and I really like the new character, Milo.

What I really had problems with is the overall supposed danger that Wick's family and friends are in. We are told, every few pages, that Wick is doing all this to keep her new mom, Bren, and her sister, Lily, and Griff safe. We are TOLD that. But the danger never seems real. I just felt like she could have gone to some grownups and told them her situation and they could have helped. But, then we wouldn't have this story. So there's that.

As in Find Me, I suspected who the bad guy was about halfway through. It's a bit disappointing, but I still enjoyed the rest of the story, and there was another big surprise that I didn't suspect at all.

The epilogue (titled "What Happened After") is a lead up to the next book, and I just didn't buy it. And I didn't buy that Bren would be so gullible.

I'm being a bit picky because I did enjoy reading Remember Me. The scenarios were creative and the resolution exciting. I just couldn't get into the deep dark danger that is the impetus for the whole story.

Published by HarperCollins, September 23, 2014
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
368 pages

Rating: 3.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...