Friday, January 7, 2011

Follow Friday, and Book Blogger Hop is back!


Follow Friday is hosted over at Parajunkee's View.  Make sure you go over there and check out all the wonderful blog posts.  This week's question is:

What book(s) have you discovered lately from someone's book blog?

Based on book blogs and twitter, I've become very interested in reading Rachel Mead's Vampire Diaries.  It sounds like a wonderful series, that I haven't been aware of (or hadn't realized it's awesomeness) before.

 Over at Crazy-for-Books, we have the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is from Ivan Bookworm:

 "What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"

There are a few I can think of.  Harry Potter convinced me that I DID like fantasy! A genre I had steered clear of before.  The China Study, convinced me to change my diet, and basically become a mostly vegetarian.  Books like Marcello in the Real World, The Glass Castle, Keeping Corner and many others have helped me understand other people, other cultures, and make me more empathetic and able to look at the world through other people's eyes.

Hope you enjoyed visiting, and I hope to see you back soon!

6 comments:

  1. I thought your choice of books was interesting. One of the best things about books is that they let us experience other places, and other lives. :)

    My choice was a book of poetry by nikki giovanni. Happy Hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer (from FF)-- My current read: Amber Frost, I found at Bitten by Books
    I am hopping by from Follow Friday. I’m following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I should really read The China Study, since I'm mostly vegetarian anyway.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) You had asked what kind of library I work in --- I'm a Reference librarian in a public library in one of the Chicago suburbs (medium-size). Among other things, I handle collection development for certain areas, including fiction, nonfiction, and a teen area.

    Looking forward to seeing what's next on your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy HOP! Harry Potter was the book that actually got me reading again after years of not touching a book.

    The book I shared was a major catalyst for change last year so come by and visit :) I'm a new follower

    The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...