Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: Boy Nobody (I Am the Weapon) by Allen Zadoff

Boy Nobody (I Am the Weapon) by Allen Zadoff book cover and review
To clarify first: This book was originally published as Boy Nobody, which is the version I have in my library. Then the name was changed to I Am the Weapon and a new version was published. I hate that. It's so confusing.

After Boy Nobody's parents were killed, he was taken in by The Program (who his parents also worked for) and trained to be an assassin. After years of training, he is unemotional and very good at his job. He's never had any problems fulfilling his mission until he becomes emotionally involved with one of his targets.

While Boy Nobody is a familiar story, it is exciting and fascinating. To see the way this boy thinks because of his brainwashing is stunning. Yes, you have to suspend some (much) disbelief, but that's expected in any book where a 16 year old is an assassin. Boy Nobody is a page turner for sure. And as a bonus, I was totally surprised by the ending. I didn't expect him to do that. And that's all I'll say about it.

Boy Nobody (I Am the Weapon) has a tidy resolution, but it's the first book in a series, and I'm looking forward to continuing. The next two books have been released and are I Am the Mission and I Am the Traitor.

Boy Nobody is a very quick read with a lot of half pages and would be great for reluctant readers. This one has been nominated for our Abe Lincoln High School Book Award for 2016, and I'm excited to push it at school this year.

Published by Little, Brown BFYR, 2014
Copy obtained from the library
337 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2015 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one and have now finished the whole series. Though the ending was solid it still felt unfinished. I wonder if there will be a spin off series. Anyway, I think this will be a big hit with reluctant readers and I can't wait to book talk this one this new school year. I also hate the name switch. I personally liked Boy Nobody better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style.
    keep your gun safe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...