Saturday, February 11, 2023

Audiobook Review: The Thursday Murder Club, by Richard Osman

The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman book cover and review
Despite the fact that The Thursday Murder Club isn't "my kind of book," I really enjoyed it.

The Thursday Murder Club is made up of residents of a community of retired people. They meet every Thursday to discuss old murder cases. But all of a sudden, they have a real murder to solve. Much to the chagrin of the local authorities. 

The characters are interesting and somewhat mysterious. There are many twists and turns, many dead people, and many red herrings. The pacing is fast enough to keep your interest. And, as I said, I was delighted. There are heartwarming relationships. Very witty exchanges. Even some of the bad guys are sympathetic.

As much as I liked The Thursday Murder Club, I won't be continuing the series. I've done this many times with many series. (#1 Woman's Detective Agency, Women's Murder Club, Rizzoli & Isles just to name a few.) I read the first book and enjoy it but never continue. I just don't like reading about the same characters over and over as they solve different cases.

Lesley Manville does a great job narrating the audio version, so I would recommend it. If you like these amateur sleuth books, you will certainly enjoy The Thursday Murder Club.

Published by Pamela Dorman, 2020
Audiobook obtained from the library.
368 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2023 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I thought these books were fun and have read the first 2. I have number three on my TBR shelf. I also liked Killers of a Certain Age, which has a similar feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and like the first two in this series and have read almost all in the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency series, fascinating setting in Botswana and changes in the characters. I am following your blog, I invite you to come on over and follow mine. Retired librarian, Terra at terragarden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...