Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Book Review: The House of Wolves, James Patterson and Mike Lupica

The House of Wolves by Patterson and Lupica book cover and review
The House of Wolves is another book that I found good, not great.

The Wolf family is a San Francisco power family. They own the professional football team, as well as the prestigious San Francisco Tribune newspaper. When the patriarch dies under mysterious circumstances, the reading of his will brings many surprises. Thirty-six-year-old daughter, Jenny, has been given control of the newspaper and the football team. Her brothers are not happy. Jenny had been an outcast and had not had contact with the family. So all sorts of things are planned to wrestle away the football team from Jenny. You see, her brothers have planned to sell the team to make a huge profit.

Jenny also suspects her father's death was actually a murder, and she's out to prove it and avenge her father's death. Nasty family. Lots of deception and backstabbing.

I'm usually a fan of Patterson and have read a couple of Lupica's books. I found that I didn't care much for the characters. Most of them weren't very nice. And maybe the book went on a bit long, although it isn't that long of a book. I was interested enough, but life got in the way and it took me a long time to finish, so that may be part of it.

It has a nice little twist at the end, but I wish this character had been introduced earlier in the book. I think the ending would have had a bigger impact. So, as stated, I liked The House of Wolves by two very popular authors. If it sounds like something you would like, I would recommend it.

Published by Little, Brown & Co., January 9, 2023
eARC obtained from Edelweiss+
400 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2023 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting that James Patterson keeps teaming up with other famous people and cranking out books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...