Thursday, April 7, 2011

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins


There isn’t really much left to say about Anna and the French Kiss. I’ve read so many rave reviews of this book, and I totally agree! So, if you haven’t heard of this book, you need to check it out.

Stephanie Perkins can write teenagers – she takes the typical high school romance and sets it in Paris, and still manages to write these characters with authentic high school personalities, situations, problems, and friendships.

The setting is wonderful. I could almost believe I was following these kids around Paris. And the romance. Once again, I don’t know how, but Perkins can write romance. Not the fall into bed kind of romance, but the falling in love kind.

Basically, that’s the plot of this story. Two teens falling in love, or not? There’s side stories, family issues, friendship quarrels, some drinking, and more, but the main story is of this romance. When I think about the plot, it doesn’t seem like all that much happened, but I was completely mesmerized and compelled to keep turning pages.

This story is on my list of Perfect Teen Romances. Go check out some other reviews if you don’t believe me.
 
Published by Dutton, 2010
Copy obtained from the library
372 pages (qualifies for my 350 Page Book Challenge!)


Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you loved this book too. I don't think I've seen one bad review yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this book. So far it's the best I've read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book too. My favorite part about it was how that the MCs didn't automatically love each other, but they actually took time to know each other and became good friends and then more. Great review!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just about the last person in the world to read this book! Glad you loved it, and thanks for the review-- I NEED to get my hands on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every review I have read on this book raves about it. I think I need to locate a copy to read asap! Sounds great! - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must agree with you about being the Perfect Teen Romance. I loved this book some much I read it twice before returning it to the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...