Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Memories: The Notebook

Welcome to my new meme, Monday Memories, where I'd like to feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and add your link below, so we can all enjoy your memories.


The Notebook wins the prize for the novel that made me cry the most. I read this on vacation with my family, and began crying after a few pages, and I feel like I didn't stop until the end. We passed it around to my sister, sister-in-law, and others, and we would all laugh at each other while reading this book because we all cried so hard. This was when the book first came out, and way before the movie. I never did see the movie and I don't intend to. I read another Sparks novel, Message in a Bottle, and cried for much of it too. After that I quit reading Nicholas Sparks. And I don't really consider myself much of a "crier" when it comes to books! So what book wins your "crying prize?"

Share one of your cherished book memories!


1. Do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.
2.  Enter your Monday Memories link in the Link List below.
3. Visit some other blogs who have posted their links.










Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to read the Notebook. I have one friend who loved it and another who couldn't even finish it. So now I'm intrigued to see if I'll like it or hate it. I do remember going on vacation with my sisters about 6 years ago and they were passing the book between themselves and crying like idiots. I have read Walk to Remember and the Last Song, but I'm not a Sparks fan.
    I used to read a lot of Laurene McDaniel when I was in middle school, she is kind of a female Sparks of the 90's and meant for tweens, and her books made me cry. But lately I would say I cried a lot with Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy and One Day by David Nicholls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting on my posts. I know what you mean about Manga. It was a chore to read it. What do kids see in it? Ha! About your budget. Have you tried asking for donations? I keep getting books from staff and students. Some I add to my collection, some I save for promotions/gifts and others I just give away. A lot of my Manga has started out through donations. Of course I am lucky because my Japanese Teacher loves Manga. She's getting married so she is cleaning out her apartment in preparation.

    How is Mollie doing? She is a lovely dog! Will she have lasting effects from the poison? What did they treat her with? Do you have any idea where she came in contact with it? Such a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say I "never" cry at books. Sad books are just sad, but they don't make me cry. But sometimes I do choke up at odd things. I was reading Erdrich's "The Birchbark House" aloud to my daughter a couple months ago (or the sequel?) and I teared up when the pesky little brother Pinch gave Omakayas a dream-catcher to comfort her when she went on her spirit quest. It was just so touching. I had to stop reading until I could compose myself. It was a trifle embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...