Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Memories - Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Welcome to my new meme, Monday Memories, where I'd like to feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and add your link below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

This is the book that really got me concentrating on YA literature. It's not the first YA book I read, but after reading this, my reading of "adult" books diminished drastically and I started eating up YA like crazy. I was a John Grisham, Stephen King, Ton Clancy, Robert Ludlam kind of reader. I've not read any of their books in a while, although I do have a King book on my TBR.

Anyway, I LOVE The Sisterhood Series, and when asked, this book will always be at the top of my favorites, mostly because I feel like it opened new worlds to me.

Share one of your cherished book memories!

1. Do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.
2.  Enter your Monday Memories link in the Link List below.
3. Visit some other blogs who have posted their links.









Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for a meme Annette! I added the link to my memory of I Love You Beth Cooper.

    I haven't read the Sisterhood but I had a lot of friends that did and after the movies started coming out I would go to them and be asking all kinds of questions about what ended up happening to the characters. Maybe I should add those books to my TBR pile after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of this series, but it does look good.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea! I had trouble choosing which book to write about, so I'll try to make this a Monday tradition as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! This was such a good book and movie series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette;
    Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Sorry about not identifying the book I was reviewing. I meant to add a photo (which I have) but got distracted.
    Mike
    PS Stop by again. In about a week I'm having a giveaway of "The Lucky One' By Nicholas Sparks (he wrote "The Horse Whisperer.")

    ReplyDelete
  6. When this came out, my daughter was too young for YA and I wasn't really reading much YA myself yet. My sister read it with her daughter and recommended it, but I thought "some day" and never got around to it. Thank you for reminding me that I meant to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love the Sisterhood series! It's been so long since I read the first book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...