Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Memories - The Yellow Wallpaper

Welcome to my new meme, Monday Memories, where I'd like to feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and add your link below, so we can all enjoy your memories.
I had to read The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman for a literature class in college. I can honestly say I really never understood this book, and the professor drove me crazy. We must have spent a month talking about this book, and had to write at least one paper about it.The book is only 64 pages long, and it's about a woman going insane, and I think it was written insanely.  I read it again not that long ago, and I still didn't get it..... Have any of you read this? What did you think?


Share one of your cherished book memories!
1. Do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.
2.  Enter your Monday Memories link in the Link List below.
3. Visit some other blogs who have posted their links.












Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, I might try to do a post for this some time :D

    And thanks for dropping by my blog and answering the quiz! I haven't read Atlas Shrugged either, but I'm hoping that's it's really great :D

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this book. It's been forever since I read it. It was definitely crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I've read this! I read it in high school English class. I haven't read it in years, but I did download it for my Kindle. I think it's available for free. I really should go back and read it but the reason why I still remember it is because, well, it stuck out. I enjoyed it as much as one can enjoy a depressing short story about an insane woman. Forgive me, but it's been so long...I think one of the arguments was that maybe she wasn't insane? And was only thought to be because she was a more forward-thinking woman and the men in her life found that unacceptable? Now I really need to go back and read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I love this short story. It packed a powerful punch for such a short piece of work. It left me with a lot to think about, but I clearly am not interested in discussing it for a month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...