Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book Review: Flesh & Bone, by Jonathan Maberry @JonathanMaberry

I don't know how Jonathan Maberry does it, but he managed to keep me once again mesmerized by Flesh & Bone, the third book in the Rot & Ruin series. Ugghhhh. The action! The tension! The danger! I could not put it down. It just never stops, but yet there's enough character development and world building to make it all so real. Each book just keeps getting better.

This time, Benny and his friends aren't just fighting zoms, they find out more about this new world and realize there are factions of humans that are even more dangerous than the zombie threat. I like how the world is developing and the characters are figuring out more and more about different places and what is being done to save the humans and provide some sort of safety.

Flesh & Bone isn't just more of the same -- there are new characters, new world building, and plenty of new action, with lots of blood and violence. Parts of this were just creepy, and then other parts were, "OMG!"

Flesh & Bone has and ending that ties up the minor plot lines, but leaves the big stuff still open for the next book. And, as in Dust & Decay, there's plenty of emotion and heartbreak. Maberry isn't afraid to kill off his characters -- that's all I'll say. As you can see, I'm not telling you many specifics about the plot, and that is intentional. If you've read the first two books, you understand the world and what these characters are up against. Just suffice it to say, Flesh & Bones adds to all of the great aspects of the series -- characters, world-building and has significant plot developments.

Zombie lovers, you MUST read this series. I can't give you a reason to miss out. You need to read them in order, so start with Rot & Ruin immediately!

Published by Simon & Schuster, Sept. 11, 2012
Copy is a gift from my Secret Santa!
469 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing series. It is about so much more than just zombies. I keep recommending it to the kids in the libray and I've yet to have someone come back and tell me they didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying this series too. :) Though I didn't really like Flesh and Bone as much as the earlier two, it was certainly interesting enough to keep me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...