Saturday, March 2, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Books on my List for a While

Working in a library makes it very hard to decrease your TBR pile in any way! But I'm not complaining. While I did get a couple of books for review, I also grabbed some books that I've been meaning to read for a while.

For Review:
Going Vintage, by Lindsey Leavitt, from NetGalley
This book is made for me, I think. Her grandmother's list was written in 1962 (the year I was born) and this book releases right before my birthday. I think I'm meant to read it, and I'm so glad I got it from NetGalley.

One Step Too Far, by Tina Seskis, from NetGalley.
This was one of those spur of the moment grabs. When the NetGalley email said, "The book EVERYONE'S going to be talking about this summer," well, I just had to have it. It's an adult book, and I can't even find it on Amazon. Here it is on Goodreads.

From the Library:

Girl of Nightmares, by Kendare Blake

Ask the Passengers, by A.S. King

The Blood Gospel, by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell
I read some review of this one and was compelled to order it through inter-library loan. There is a wait list -- I didn't expect it to arrive so soon! I guess it goes to the top of my pile!

Hope you got some great books this week! Be sure to visit Team Tynga's Reviews and visit some of the blogs participating in this meme. Thanks for stopping by. Leave your link! 




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

  1. Some great books this week. I love the cover of Ask The Passengers. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about Going Vintage. The cover is awesome and the synopsis sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got Going Vintage this week, it sounds so fun! I hope you love it! I've heard seriously incredible things about Ask the Passengers, I really need to read a book by A.S. King! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Annette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Going Vintage. I'm about to read Anna Dressed in Blood and am really hoping I like it. I love the cover of Ask the Passengers. Happy reading.

    Here's my haul

    ~Danica PageTaking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Going Vintage last week. I liked it, but didn't love it. I hope you enjoy it though, and your other goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get on Blake's book fan wagon or something soon, I'd love to read the books asap. :)
    Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been dying to read Anna Dressed in Blood, but my library only has it on audio... I might need to check elsewhere because I really want to read Blake's series!

    New GFC Follower

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...