Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Book Review: Boundless, by Cynthia Hand

Boundless is everything I could have asked for in a conclusion to the Unearthly Trilogy. There is tension and danger, with an appropriate mix of romance and friendship.

I know the big issue is "Tucker or Christian." But for me, either one of them is fine. I like the way it all played out. Clara learns more about herself and her powers. We find out more about Christian's family. All the major players appear -- even Clara's mom. I predicted that Jeffrey would cause trouble in the third book -- and I was correct.

Clara is very brave and determined, and I like that. But Christian steps up and supports her, which I liked too. I enjoyed the change of scenery -- most of the book takes place in California instead of Jackson Hole.

I guess I really don't have too much to say about the plot. It's more of the same -- good vs. evil. The Black Wings causing all kinds of trouble. But that's not a bad thing. I certainly think anyone who has started the series should definitely finish it. The world, the characters, and the plot are all strong. Overall, a great book and an end to a great series.

This one will fly off my shelves for sure. I will see that it does.

Published by HarperTeen, January 22, 2013
Copy obtained from the library
448 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the series wrapped up satisfactorily for you, Annette. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really happy with the conclusion too, and it's funny, I thought I cared about the love triangle, and that I needed the outcome that happened, but honestly I could have been happy either way, because I think Cynthia left things in a good place for the other guy too. I just wish we could get more story, especially about his life beyond this story. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...