Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shiver

I really enjoyed this book.  I wasn't sure I was up for another supernatural romance book, but this one was unique.  It's about werewolves.  They change into humans in the summer, but cold weather changes them back.  I thought Stiefvater's descriptions of the life of a werewolf were very interesting and imaginative.  I also liked that I didn't know how the book was going to end -- I really felt compelled to finish so that I would know the ending.  There was some foreshadowing, and I thought the main characters were a little slow figuring out the puzzle, but it was still. OK.  I don't want to say much more because I don't want to be a spoiler.

The romance was also very sweet and cute, and who doesn't like that!  There were no worries of a violent relationship in this book, which I think was a concern about the Twilight series.  Recommend this to your vampire fans.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the romance was sweet. I was not a fan of the "romance" in Twilight at all. I've actually got Shiver in my TBR pile. I just have to get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...