Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Strings Attached

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted at Breaking The Spine, so make sure you go there and visit some of the other blogs participating!

First of all, I've seen several bloggers ask the question "How do you know what new books are coming out and when?" I've discovered a site that may help to answer this question. Maybe you all know about this, but I sure didn't so I thought I'd pass it on.


I use FictFact a lot when my students come and ask me to order "the next book in the series."  This site is ONLY for series, so the only new books they will show on their Book Release Calendar are series books, but hey, that covers a lot of books. Maybe this will help some of you!

So, what am I waiting on this week? I read What I Saw and How I Lied, by Judy Blundell and really liked it so when I saw she has a new book, Strings Attached, coming out (and historical fiction is my favorite) I really got excited.





From Amazon:

From National Book Award winner Judy Blundell, the tale of a sixteen-year-old girl caught in a mix of love, mystery, Broadway glamour, and Mob retribution in 1950 New York.

When Kit Corrigan arrives in New York City, she doesn't have much. She's fled from her family in Providence, Rhode Island, and she's broken off her tempestuous relationship with a boy named Billy, who's enlisted in the army.


The city doesn't exactly welcome her with open arms. She gets a bit part as a chorus girl in a Broadway show, but she knows that's not going to last very long. She needs help--and then it comes, from an unexpected source.

Nate Benedict is Billy's father. He's also a lawyer involved in the mob. He makes Kit a deal--he'll give her an apartment and introduce her to a new crowd. All she has to do is keep him informed about Billy . . . and maybe do him a favor every now and then.


As she did in her National Book Award-winning What I Saw and How I Lied, Judy Blundell traps readers in a web of love, deceit, intrigue, and murder. The result? One stunner of a novel.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you are wishing for! Thanks for stopping by!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard of FictFact so THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a good book! I'm very excited for it! I have never heard if FictFact! I'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...