Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Memories: Little Women

Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out. I'm hoping to do a guest post for her soon!

Now you hear people talk about graduating from picture books to "chapter books." I don't ever remember those terms from when I was young, but I guess Little Women would be one of my first, if not the first, chapter book I read. After reading it, I loved it so much that I read Little Men and Eight Cousins. I remember it seemed like it took forever to read these books -- they were so thick!

I really need to read them all again, or at least Little Women. I know the premise, but I really don't remember much about the actual writing or the details -- after all, it was close to 40 years ago when I read it!


Share one of your cherished book memories!

You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.

Be sure to visit some other blogs that have posted their links. Thanks!






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I love Little Women too! But I always wanted Laurie to end up with Jo, not Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read Little Women until I was in college. And I remember that I loved the movie versions so much that when I finally did read the book I was shocked by all the differences. I mean it is a really thick book so a lot of the subplots were left out. But I do remember that I really loved it though.

    Great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this book! It is one of my favorites. I loved reading about so many courageous non-catty women.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...