- Ten Reasons You Read Your Favorite Genre
Hmmm... Well I don't really have a favorite genre because I read almost everything. I mostly like to mix it up so I don't read the same kind of book over and over. But here's some random thoughts about why I read what I read.
- I read mostly YA or books appropriate for teens because I'm a high school librarian and it's part of my job. But...
- I will still read a lot of YA even when I'm retired because there's a lot of good, exciting stuff out there.
- Historical Fiction may be considered my favorite genre. I like it because I never learned much history in school and I love learning it through fictional characters.
- Straight-up romance is probably my least favorite genre. If romance is featured in a book, I love that, but I don't usually enjoy a book just about romance. There are exceptions.
- I'm not tired of dystopians
- Another turn off for me is high fantasy, where magic solves everything. Once again, I like a fantasy element, but it can't be the driving force of the plot. There are exceptions.
- I'm a sucker for girls in gorgeous dresses on covers. Anyone who says they don't judge a book by its cover is lying.
- I like to mix it up, genre-wise. If I read two or three books of the same genre in a row, I tend to rate the later books lower. I just need variety.
Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2016 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved