Monday, January 27, 2020

Book Review: The Good Killer, by Harry Dolan

The Good Killer by Harry Dolan book cover and review
I've read a couple of books by Dolan, so when I saw The Good Killer, I happily signed up. I was a bit disappointed that is wasn't part of the series I had previously read, but I still enjoyed it very much.

Sean just happens to be in the wrong place (or right?) at the wrong time when he shoots and kills a man at a shopping mall who is on a shooting rampage. This makes Sean a hero, and notoriety is just what he doesn't need. He and his partner, Molly, have been living quietly under new identities to stay hidden from two men from Sean's past who definitely would like to find him--for a couple of reasons, none of them good.

As we follow Sean and Molly on the run, we slowly figure out the reasons. There are many points-of-view, but they are easy to follow because as each person is introduced, they join the list of POVs, but are dropped as they are no longer relevant to the story. We get the police who are trying to find Sean because they want to talk to him. We get the two men and their accomplices who are tracking Sean. And we get some people from the past who help our understanding of the situation.

It was an interesting way to tell a story, and I liked it very much. The tension builds nicely, and the ending had my heart pounding. All in all, just the kind of thriller I like. I highly recommend The Good Killer, as well as his other novels.

Published by Mysterious Press, February 4, 2020
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
304 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2019 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I like stories told from different POVs and especially like the idea that the reader hears from people when they are necessary then they drop out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...