Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year! and...a New Approach for the New Year

First of all, I feel like I just woke up from hibernation. I have never been so sick for so long in my life. It started on Christmas Eve, and I am just now starting to get some energy back. Needless to say, I haven't done any reading or blogging for the new year. My house is a mess, I've hosted three family holiday parties that I need to recover from, my decorations are still up, and I'm finally hungry -- so I need to start cooking too.

Last fall I decided 2020 was going to be different reading-wise. I have always loved receiving ARCs and being able to read books and review them as they are published. But in that process, I've also missed out on a lot of books that I really want to read. I follow a lot of blogs, read reviews, and keep adding to my list. But if I'm only reading ARCs, then I never have time to get to those books.

I actually started cutting way back on ARCs for the last part of 2019. I'm only taking the ones that are part of a series I want to continue or those that are from my favorite "not to be missed" authors. And I'm already behind because I have one book that is coming out soon that I haven't even started. Ugh....I hate being sick.

I've really enjoyed reading from my backlist, and hopefully, some of you will still find my reviews helpful. Even if they aren't for the latest and greatest.

I still need to post my year-end wrap-up and statistics.  Some day...(but not today.) Thanks for putting up with me.






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2019 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick over the holidays - awful. I cut back on ARCs as well for the same reasons you mention. Sadly, I've replaced that habit with 2x a week library visits LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you've been so sick; that is not fun. Be sure to take the time you need to fully recover! I think cutting down on ARCs and reading what you really want to read it good; it's one of the reasons I haven't joined a book group in a long time. I like reading what I choose to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. Happy New Year!
    I decided long ago that I wouldn't read ARC books for the very reason you cite. I think you will be thrilled to find you have the time to read the books everyone is talking about. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nastiest bugs have been going around lately! I'm sorry they caught you, but I'm glad you're feeling better. About half of my Christmas decorations are still up and I haven't been sick at all, if that makes you feel any better :)

    I admire your new blogging outlook. I've contemplated not accepting any more books to review, but I just can't help myself! LOL. I'll definitely keep reading your reviews - there are lots of great older books that deserve to be read and reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's disappointing, I find, when I can't connect with the characters. The older I get, this is especially true in chick lit type books which I now avoid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...