Thursday, January 30, 2020

Book Review: The Other Mrs., by Mary Kubica

The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica book cover and review
I love a good twisted thriller, so I couldn't resist The Other Mrs. It was well worth my time.

Sadie, her husband Will, and their two children are leaving Chicago and starting a new life on an island off the coast of Maine. They need a new start--and the reasons are revealed as you read The Other Mrs. Sadie, however, is reluctant. Will's sister has committed suicide and left an old house and a seventeen-year-old daughter to Will. The daughter is the one who found her mother hanged in the attic of the house. She is an angry goth girl who wants nothing to do with her new guardians.

Sadie is a physician and has found a position at the clinic on the island. Will teaches part-time at a college and is home with the kids most of the time. Things take an even worst turn when a woman who lives in their neighborhood is murdered.

Another narrator is Camille, Will's mistress. And the third narrator is Mouse, a small child living in a house where she is abused by her stepmother while her father is out of town on business. There is actually a fourth narrator at the end, but I won't say who.

In fact, I don't want to say much more. I did figure out partly what was going on at about 25% through The Other Mrs., but it did not deter me from wanting to finish. I didn't have it all, and I wanted it!

The story is compelling, moves pretty quickly, and I didn't guess who the truly evil one was until the end. I can recommend The Other Mrs. to thriller fans, and I'm going to have to put The Good Girl on my list.

Published by Park Row, February 18, 2020
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
368 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2019 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds really good, thank you for bringing it to our attention and for writing a review that makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...