Monday, November 29, 2021

Book Review: The Defense, by Steve Cavanagh

The Defense by Steve Cavanagh book cover and review
The Defense is a taught thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Eddie Flynn gave up practicing law after a bad experience that is slowly revealed during The Defense. Eddie has been kidnapped by the head of the Russian mob and has no choice but to defend him. You see, they have kidnapped Eddie's daughter.

And they really don't care about a defense. They have Eddie wearing a coat equipped with a bomb, and he must set the bomb off and kill the star witness who has turned on the mob. How in the world is Eddie going to get out of this one?

His history as a con artist before he went to law school will definitely help him out. And a little luck -- there were some parts that were a little bit beyond belief, but still, the plotting was gut-wrenching. The Defense has so many unexpected twists and close calls that I may have had to stop listening once in a while so my heart could stop pounding. The bad guys were scary, the good guys were stupid, and Eddie is a pawn through all of it.

If you are a fan of legal thrillers, The Defense is not to be missed. And the good news is this is the first book of six books in the Eddie Flynn Series. I'm going to be sure to continue, but I may need a little break before I do.

Published by Flatiron, 2016
Audiobook purchased from libro.fm
320 pages

Rating: 4..5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2021 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy a legal thriller so will add this one to my TBR list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...