Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Book Review: All I Need, by Susane Colasanti

 All I Need is a classic teen summer romance. And as far as that goes, it's a heartwarming story.

Skye and Seth meet when they are both at their summer houses -- and they only see each other a couple of times before summer is over. And through a mistake, they don't have each other's contact information. But they are both convinced they have found their soul mate.

It's very mushy. After spending two days with Seth, Skye says "How it felt to be with Seth was undeniable. After experiencing how amazing that immediate attraction was, there's no going back to mediocrity. Why should I have to settle for someone who doesn't understand me the way Seth did." After a couple hours together?? So, yea, there's instalove. Big time. So if you can't handle that, All I Need isn't the book for you.(quote is from the ARC, so might not be accurate.)

I also found both Seth and Skye (but especially Skye) to be whiny and complainey at times. Neither one has confidence in their long distance relationship. And they complain about their respective situations incessantly.

It is a cute story and a very quick read. It is very "happily ever after." And, they really are very romantic. It is what it is. If you like sweet, sappy, mostly predictable summer romances -- All I Need is a great one. I always recommend Colasanti's books to my teen girls who are fans of romances. All I Need isn't my favorite of hers, but I'm sure they will like it.

Published by Viking Juvenile, May 21, 2013
ARC obtained from LibraryThing Early Reviewers
240 pages (qualifies for my Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge!)

Rating: 3/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Annette. It certainly sounds like a "beach" read. :) I have found Ms. Colasanti's books to be hit or miss...some I've loved and some are just "meh". But if I'm in the mood for HEA, this one seems like it'll fit the bill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...